Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Independence Day... In L'Indochine - and SM Aura

Happy Independence Day, Pilipinas!

SM Aura is all over Instagram and Twitter.
So we decided to spend this holiday exploring this new mall.
We went first thing in the morning - and a good thing too, because come lunch time, the place was packed (with loooong lines for parking by the time we left!).
The main reason why I wanted to go to SM Aura was to see L'Indochine.
I've been seeing it all over at Wes' (a buddy from college) IG - his wife and sister opened this store.
Great pieces - mostly pricey, but so well-curated.
This was my haul.  Pao picked out the lamp.  Everything cost almost as much as a beanbag or Thai tri-fold pillow!
But I realized I wasn't ready to go all out ethnic with our home decor - much as I wanted a tri-fold pillow, it is really going to stand out in my beige and white living room, I must say!  Not quite ready for that kind of a statement piece.  Maybe just a few Asian inspired bits here and there.
My favorite piece is that pillow.  Will do a close-up of each individual piece  in the future as we style them at home.
That's me with Wes' mother on the bottom left corner.
We had lunch in Brasas, in this food court area at the top floor.  45 minutes to order our lunch!  Phew!
Took note of the stuff I liked/want to go back for.


Here's a list of the stores that are now open (not a complete list, mind you, but a completely subjective one, haha):  Chateau de Sable (cutest kiddie clothing), The Give Project (no Feed bags, boo, only in their Glorietta branch, but full of Toms and Loud Basstard), Quirks Novelties & Curiosities, Palladium, Rip Curl, Nixon, Speedo, Cotton On, Uniqlo (two whole floors, for the fanatics!), Yosi Samra, Dorothy Perkins, Laneige, The Paul Frank Store, Geleia, Suite Blanco, Stefanel (haha, '90s throwback!!!), and Lovin my Bags (for bag repairs!).

Noted these stores/cafes will be opening soon:  Petit Bateau, River Island (yey), Kipling, Warehouse, Tyler, Regatta, Minelli, Etam France, BB Dakota, Farah Vintage, Vogue Concepts, TW Steel, Rolex, Greeka Kouzina, Kiehl's and Peppermint (a kid salon and spa boutique, cutie!).

Last but not least: #lazootd heehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment