Saturday, December 14, 2013

6 YEARS - AND THE HOBBIT

Today is also my and Pao's 6th wedding anniversary.   I am not really a big anniversary person.  I often actually have trouble remembering anniversaries.  But Pao wanted to celebrate it somewhat, especially since we've been so consumed with the pregnancy, being a single income household, raising a toddler, and all the daily ek ek of a small growing family.

We decided to do something we have not been able to do in a long time - get out and do something which may be just a regular night out for other couples: watch a movie.  Eating out somewhere nice is something we do quite regularly (thanks in part to generous parents!  Yes, I'm looking at you, Mama and Popsy!).  But to get out, leave the kid, and pretend for a few hours that we aren't parents rushing around like headless chicken, is a luxury that Pao and I don't get to indulge in.  Plus, I cannot even remember the last film we saw that wasn't animated.

So tonight, we left Laz with his Yaya and made a beeline for Eastwood.  (Normally, before I got pregnant that is, we wait for Laz to fall asleep before we venture out).  We caught "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" - in the nick of time too.  (We had to squeeze in buying Laz's Christmas present; took advantage of the fact that the boy wasn't with us - a rare occurrence!!!).  We had to order take-out and bring our food into the movie house.

And that was our anniversary date.  J.R.R. Tolkien as told by Peter Jackson, with Ronald McDonalds.  And my gosh, simple as it was, I felt, for one evening, the way Stella must have felt when she got her groove back.

We wanted a shot in front of the sign to remind us that we celebrated in the mall.  Since we don't get to go malling on our own anymore, haha.

Happy Anniversary, Buppy!
As always, I am so thankful to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment